I outdid myself in 2014! I really exceeded my expectations, surpassing my goal of 100 books read by a whopping 8 books. My TBR went from pile to monstrous mountain and I still didn’t manage to complete all the other year-long reading challenges I signed up for. I got super distracted in taking part in some monthly or 2-monthly challenges, found a few new groups on goodreads and discovered Booktube (like I didn’t spend enough time on Youtube as it was).
So I sought out some inspiration for how 2015 could be MY year and Oh The Books is where I found it.
Here are my New Year’s Reading Resolutions:
- Catch up on series I’m partway through, with high priority on series that are now completely published.
- Reading standalone books I already own, especially all those books I purchased from the library’s annual sale (100’s!!!).
- NOT reading any books that are first in a series, unless its a spin-off series of something I have read before.
- I can only add a book to my TBR if I have read a book. That way my mountain won’t get any bigger.
- I will not buy any books! You read that right. The library is about to become my best friend. I already have books covering my shelves, floor, garage… I’m dreaming one day to become a minimalist (pftt, not with my bookshelves!)
- I will not request books on Goodreads or BookThing, unless they are series continuations that are already in progress. I will still consider Book Tours & ARCs for Review.
- When gifting books, I will try buy books from my local bookshop, or Book Depository for free shipping purposes.
To see what books I’ve read, see my 2015 Goodreads Challenge.