Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous Books.
Kia Ora and Happy Hump Day!
What are months? Honestly, time is just disappearing! I wish it wouldn’t. I could do with an extra day or two to hide in a cubby hole and finish assignments.
In Bookish News,
- I received a few books for review this week. They are Stephen Barker’s The Secret of Spirits Bay, The Riddle of the Stones and Deadwater Lane.
- In my last Bookish Thoughts I mentioned my new job as a Library Assistant. I am working in an academic library, and really enjoy working alongside students and staff.
- Over on Goodreads, I’m hosting a Book Pool challenge in the Book Loving Kiwis Group. You can read all about it in my previous post. It started 1 Jun and ends 31 July, so you’ve still got time to join us.
- I’ve been reading Captain Underpants to Neff. I didn’t realise so many adults are trying to ban it from our libraries and bookstores. It does have potty-mouth humour. But I think it’s harmless and hilarious. Neff loves it and if it keeps him reading, it’s sticking around 🙂
In Not So Bookish News,
- My decision to return to full time study is kicking me in the BUTT! I probably should have considered that my new job would take a lot of my energy in the first few months until I got on my feet. But now that I am settled into work, new opportunities have come up.
- My hubby and I are now caring for our nephew, as of a few days ago. He starts school tomorrow and TBH, I would rather dedicate the next few weeks to settle him into life living with us, than study.
- Our car is at the shop this week. Hubby bumped into another car at the lights and the bumper came off. The other car, totally unnecessarily, took his car in and we had to pay the excess. There was nothing wrong with his car! So we put our car in too. Might as well, only one excess payment. Our car also needs a service… time is not on our side. Busy busy busy. We need our car.
- Bookishly Boisterous in her latest Bookish Thoughts post talks about getting a massage and how weird that is. I can totally relate. There is a lady who comes into work and offers mirimiri every couple of weeks. It lasts 30 minutes and can be done with your top still on (or topless, whatever you prefer). I don’t think I’m quite ready to go in yet. Maybe in another month or two!
That’s enough from me. I need to get my nose in a book, like Pronto. People are kicking my butt in the Book Pool. Catchya later!