Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is a regular meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous Books.
Kia Ora everyone,
This week I bring you a post from Adelaide, Australia! I’m across the ditch for a Registrar’s Conference so why not share what I’m up hosted by the lovely Diocese of Adelaide, so I thought I would share by not so bookish thoughts from my hotel room.
1. I was pleasantly surprised to find audiobooks available on my flight with Air New Zealand. I was going to start Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief but surely that book is over 5 hours in length? If I’m not tired on the way home I might give a short sounding title
2. I brought a Library book with me. Not sure if I’m allowed to take them out of the country, but I started Cress at home and I just couldn’t leave it behind. I have every intention on finishing that book as soon as possible! Love the series.
3. We received a swag bag on arrival at the conference which contains two small books:-
• Complexity: A Very Short Introduction by John H. Holland.
• Networks: A Very Short Introduction by Guido Caldarelli & Michele Catanzaro.
I have some very good bookish news too.
4. I completed my Goodreads Challenge! I have read 100 Books so far in 2014. It felt so good to knock that out in November. The only problem is I’ve read books that don’t tick off my other reading challenges so I need to make a list of all the goals I haven’t finished & get to some serious reading when I get home.
That’s a wrap from me. Catch Ya next time. Bye!