Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is a regular meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous Books.
Kia Ora everyone!
How has your week been? I couldn’t believe it was February already and now half of it has gone. This year is gonna be just like last year. Gone before I know it.
In Bookish news,
1. I really am not sticking to my reading resolutions for 2015. It’s the second month of the year and I signed up to a monthly reading challenge. The Crazy for Young Adult Book Pool. There were a few books listed that were part of series that I want to read this year. At the very least it might encourage me to read these sooner.
2. Fifty Shades of Grey movie has been released and I still haven’t been to see it yet. I knew there were gonna be mixed reviews. I certainly don’t want to re-read the book before I got see it either. I will just compare everything and be sad about all the parts that were missed. Unleash your wildest fantasies and watch the trailer here:
3. There are a a couple of new releases that are on my TBR and available now. The cover for Red Queen looks amazing and comes highly recommended by the ladies of #TeamEpicReads. The Ruby Circle is part of the Bloodlines series, the spin off from Vampire Academy. I don’t need to read the blurb to know its definitely on my TBR. Finally, Fairest. The novella before the next instalment of the Lunar Chronicles. Fans of the series wanna know what the deal is with Queen Levana and this bridging book is bound to answer our questions.
In Not So Bookish news,
4. My readers for the Professional Writing paper I’ve enrolled in have arrived. It has assignment dates and everything but the course isn’t available online yet. I should be reading some of those before my leisure reads. They should be at the very top of my TBR, but they can go to the bottom of the pile. Hey, at least they are making it to a pile. I could wait for the course to start?
5. I’m posting regularly now. The timings are a little sporadic. I have made me a blogging diary for 2015 so by next month you might know what to expect from this site each week. I’m really looking forward to posting a Swoon Worthy Saturday meme soon. They’ll be the last Saturdays of the month, I know that much!
Well, that wraps up my thoughts for this week. University is heading back soon. Are you going back to further education? Be interested to see what your plans are, balancing the goodreads with your College reads. Maybe you have some tricks to share. Let me know. I’m gonna need all the help I can. I don’t wanna put my books down.
Ciao for now!