The end is near. I’ve just sent out my last cheers to those on Youtube.
I read a total of 225 pages of Book 3, Rock Addiction. I’m up to Part 2 and I don’t know where the story is going. Molly’s gonna move to USA and they’re gonna live happily ever after? It’s never that easy.
Readathon has been fun. I’m off to cheer everyone at the finish line on Twitter.
Which hour was most daunting for you? Hour 3, it was around 3am when I just needed to sleep.
Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy series. They are short stories, spin-off’ed from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year? Ask for some cheer leader organisers during the readathon. Just to keep the cheer sheets tidy.
What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? The Youtube cheerleaders were left to their own cheers and it worked well. Andi or Heather didn’t have to keep an eye on us.
How many books did you read? 2 & a half. There was no TBR plan. Just went with the flow. No pressure.
What were the names of the books you read? Nothing But Shadows, The Evil We Love, & Rock Addiction.
Which book did you enjoy most? Nothing But Shadows. Just brought some feels & I miss these characters from the earlier books in the series.
Which did you enjoy least? How people sign up to be cheered and don’t leave direct links to their TBR or where they are updating. Youtube is particularly bad when they don’t have any relevant videos uploaded.
If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders? If readers haven’t posted a TBR or video related to Dewey’s within the first 12 hours, delete them from the list. It’s a waste of time having the entire team checking back for the entire 24 hours.
How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I think we need more cheerleaders, so definitely sticking with that. I might use Instagram as my progress spot as I can put up quick videos. Seriously considering hosting the Livestream Chats.
SEE YOU IN APRIL 2016!
I’ve felt pretty relaxed this readathon. That might have something to do with only have two short books for my TBR at the start of the 24 hours. No pressure. I read those books pretty quickly but I gave myself plenty of time for cheerleading and social media.
I’ve read 131 pages in the past 4 hours. With distractions at home, including my comfy couch causing me to lose an hour to a nap, that’s pretty good. I’m giving my eyes a break from my screen & off to Youtube to do some more cheering. Even though my page count is relatively small, I’m happy with my participation. Are you reading? How are you getting on?
I took part in the Recommendation Engine mini-challenge. You should see all the entries. You’re bound to find a book that your interested in and add a title to your TBR.
This hour, I finished The Evil We Love and have moved on to Nalini Singh’s Rock Addiction. It’s new adult, romance, a genre I devour. Ciao for now, I’ve got a book to read.
Hour 12: Mid-Event Survey
1. What are you reading right now? The Evil We Love by Cassandra Clare
2. How many books have you read so far? One.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? Heaps! Cheerleading has been fun. I watched the ALL BLACKS vs FRANCE quarter final. I’ve napped & been to the airport. I’ve had two cups of coffee & I’m thinking about a cup of tea & doing my laundry soon. Life happens. You just gotta live it.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? I discovered the live stream, which is watching someone while they read & listening to the occasional update. That was a surprise & it’s sparked my interest in Live streaming quarterly chats. Anyway, I’ve gotta go get my washing in. Looks like rain!
ALL BLACKS FOR THE WIN! Woo Hoo! It was an awesome game and a really good distraction.
Have you seen Nicole’s readathon Live Stream? She’s brave. I couldn’t do that, but I’m thinking about hosting quarterly Live Chats for the next readathon. Will suggest it to Andi & Heather.
I’ve started The Evil We Love by Cassandra Clare, the next in the Shadowhunter Academy series. Off to do some serious reading this hour. See ya later on!
I had to get up at 6am and take my friend to the airport. I’ve had roughly 3 hours sleep. That’s enough to see me through for the next 5-ish hours. I’m multi-tasking now, cheering, tweeting, going to start my second short story shortly and during Hour 8 I will be watching the All Blacks vs France in the Quarter Finals for the Rugby World Cup #NZLvFRA.
I stayed up, cheered for the first hour & managed to finish a book in Hour 2 or 3.
Book Finished: Nothing But Shadows by Cassandra Clare
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Gisborne, New Zealand
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Nothing But Shadows by Cassandra Clare. I’m currently reading the Shadowhunter Academy series.
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? I haven’t prepared or bought anything!
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I prefer paperbacks but I end up reading e-books because I’ve become too lazy to go to the public library.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? I’ve royally not planned a single thing. My sign up post went up this week, my youtube video uploaded about 30 mins ago & the READATHON has begun! Yup… I should be reading!
♪♫ Yes, it’s back. Back again. Dewey’s back. Tell a friend ♪
I’m so excited for Dewey’s. I’m seriously behind still for my goodreads challenge, so I’m 100% effort in reading this weekend. I still plan on cheering a team like mad too. I’m less excited about my start time. After years of taking part, you’d think I’d be used to the 1:00am start time… Hopefully I can get a nap in on Saturday arvo. My plan as always is to be awake by midnight, and be trolling #readathon on Twitter, just to make sure I get the start time right.
So, what’s on my TBR this Dewey’s? I’m not sure yet but a VIDEO is coming soon!
If you haven’t signed up, it’s so much fun. Make sure you do! Here’s the sign up link. It isn’t open forever, so just sign up now.
I’ll be back to post my progress. Ciao for now!