Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts is a weekly meme hosted by Christine at Bookishly Boisterous Books.
This month SharleneSays turned 1.
***Happy Blogiversary*** and thanks for sticking with me. I know posts haven’t been very forthcoming. There was a death in the family so I was out of town for a few weeks. I tried to take part in Dewey’s #readathon while I was away from home. Library books were waaaay overdue. To top it all off, I’ve been in a long reading slump. Check out my reading list here.
In Bookish news,
1. For our 1st blogiversary, I ran a giveaway, hoping to find more ideas for my #dayzero project, 101 Bookish Things in 1001 Days. Congratulations to…
a Rafflecopter giveaway
People had some really great ideas. I’ve added most. I know I’m going to struggle, especially with the Rory Gilmore Challenge. I don’t know why I added that? But what’s a Project without a little Challenge!
2. I discovered @CrushYourTBR, a monthly 3 day readathon. I haven’t participated yet as the last one was reduced to 24 hours but I’m looking forward to testing my reading skills. Goodbye reading slumps! Hello reading sprints.
In Not So Bookish news,
3. I’m part of a working group for a music, cultural, christian festival. Things are still a little hush but keep an eye out for #gospelroots. Announcements are just around the corner.
That’s all from me this week. I’ll be back next with with a book review.
To celebrate SharleneSays’ first blogiversary, I’ve created a new DayZero project:
101 Bookish Things in 1001 Days
There are only 40 things listed so far. I thought it would be easy to list 101 things, but it really isn’t. My project officially starts Jul 01, 2015 and will end Mar 28, 2018.
I’m trying not to list specific books, but have bookish activities, so I can try new things. Of course I’ve added a few impossible ones, like attending international book festivals. But dreamers have got to dream, and I’m gonna dream BIG.
Here is my list so far:
- Complete a kids coloring book
- Join a book club
- Go to a book signing
- Buy a Wreck This Journal and finish it
- Spend a weekend “unplugged” with only music, art and books
- Leave an inspirational note inside a book for someone to find
- Meet an author of a book I’ve read
- Ask 20 friends to suggest one book, and read them all
- Read all the books currently on my shelf
- Volunteer at a local library
- See a book to film adaptation
- Make a custom recipe book
- Read a book in a day
- Host a read-a-long
- Participate in a Booktubeathon
- Post a book review every month
- Read all the books released by one author
- Attend YALL Fest (http://yallfest.org/)
- Attend Waiheke Book Festival (http://www.waihekebookfestival.co.nz/)
- Attend BEA (Book Expo America)
- Attend BookCon
- Attend New York Comic-Con
- Participate in Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge
- Reread Harry Potter series
- Spend an afternoon reading at the park
- Own all seven Harry Potter books
- Read a book with more than 500 pages
- Read a book published this year
- Read a book with a one-word title
- Read a book I was supposed to read in school but didn’t
- Participate in BookCrossing
- Complete an Adult coloring book
- Read a book at the beach
- Donate a book
- Gift a book
- Gift a book shop gift card
- Buy a book from a local bookstore
- Shelve all my books
- Cheer for a Dewey’s Readathon
- Participate in Bout of Books Readathon
Because I’ve only got 40 things on my list, I really need your help. I’m not even halfway!
If you can recommend a new “bookish thing” that I can add to my list, complete the Rafflecopter below and you’ll go in the draw to win a Book of your choice, up to the value of NZ$15.00 from Book Depository. The only catch, Book Depository has to ship to your country free (check here).
a Rafflecopter giveaway