March started off with a bang. It was going to be my best month ever. That was until I realised I had three assignments all due within a week of eachother and when I get stressed, all logic goes out the window.
MARCH WRAP UP
So, what did I read?
- Just So Happens by Fumio Obata
- The Favorite (The Selection, #2.6) by Kiera Cass
- Notes From My Kitchen Table by Gwyneth Paltrow
- A Game of Thrones graphic novel, volume 2, by Daniel Abraham
- Never, Never Part One by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
- Never, Never Part Two by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (you know who wrote it)
- Asa (Marked Men, #6)
I also read/skimmed 3 fiction books for one of my assignments, which I posted reviews for. That was also a requirement 🙂
So what am I going to read this month?
Well, I’m almost finished Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, so that’s definitely on the list.
While procrastinating today, I discovered a new April challenge. It’s APRIL ARCs and it’s hosted by Read. Sleep. Repeat. Time to read those Advanced Copies you get from the author that you haven’t read yet. That’s perfect for me. I just received a new book this week. It’s not my usual genre, so I’m looking forward to trying something different.
Keeping it simple this month. I really need to get into my reading for the next round of assignments. Reading because you have to really takes the fun out of it.
Thanks for reading & will catch ya next time!
This January I set myself a target of 10 books & I CRUSHED IT! *fist pump*. Well, sort of. The Conductor is a beautiful illustration book, Ash’s Letter is only a one pager and Te Popi Whero (The Red Poppy) is a childrens book. BUT I’m still claiming that a WIN!
1. The Fiery Trial (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #8)
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
3. Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
4. Playlist for the Dead
5. Pale Kings and Princes (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #7)
6. On the Fence
7. The Sister Pact
8. Te Popi Whero
9. The Conductor
10. Beautiful Redemption (The Maddox Brothers, #2)
11. Beautiful Sacrifice (The Maddox Brothers, #3)
12. Something Beautiful (Beautiful #3)
13. Rule (Marked Men, #1)
14. Ash’s Letter to Meghan (The Iron Fey, #3.6) and it was literally just a one page letter!
For February I wanted to make sure I had a good selection. I still like the idea of finishing series that I’ve already started & to read more standalone or NZ fiction.
To Be Read
- The A to Z of You and Me
- When Water Burns (Telesa #2)
- Jet and the rest of the Marked Men series
- Born to Endless Night (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #9)
- Saving Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #3)
- The Other Game (The Perfect Game, #4)
- Rush Too Far (Too Far, #4)
- Beautiful Burn (The Maddox Brothers, #4)
- P.S. I Still Love You (To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before, #2)
- Sinner (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #4)
- An Iron Fey Valentine (The Iron Fey #4.4)
So, what are you reading this month? Hit me up in the Comments.
I was a little slack on reading this month. Didn’t even reach 2000 pages. I really enjoyed Dante’s Fire, an ARC I received back in August. A review is gonna be up shortly. I’m up to the last book in the Bloodlines series, just waiting for Ruby Circle to return to the library. And I read a children’s book being sold by the book lady at work this month. It caught my attention and I stood there and read the whole thing. It’s an award winner.
- Trust in Me by J. Lynn
- Be with Me by J. Lynn
- Dante’s Fire by Jennifer Probst
- The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead
- Silver Shadows by Richelle Mead
- Have You Seen a Monster? by Raymond McGrath
- Fairest by Marissa Meyer
Currently reading: my course readers! Nothing on the go at the moment. I did read a few chapters of Blue Lily, Lily Blue last month so I might finish it off in April. So without further ado, here’s my
Firstly, what are you reading this month?
I signed up for a Autumn Reading Challenge, so over the next couple months I need to read a rainbow of book covers. It’s hosted by Book Lovin Kiwis on goodreads. Click here to check it out.
- The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle, #3)
- The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making (Fairyland, #1)
and just because the covers are so vibrant, I might read the rest of the Fairyland series. They could go towards my Rainbow challenge. Bam! Hopefully Gizzy library has them all.
I’m keeping my options open. Still aiming to finish a number of series and spin off’s this year, but I don’t wanna miss out on new ones either.
Read anything good lately? Let me know…
I signed up for a monthly challenge! Month two and I’m already breaking my reading resolutions for 2015. Not a good start but I AM getting to all those series I started a few years back.
I contributed 3 books to the Crazy for YA Feb Book Pool and only read one!
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #3) by Michelle Hodkin
- Redeemed (House of Night, #12) by P.C. Cast
- Shadow and Bone (The Grisha, #1) by Leigh Bardugo
I only added Shadow and Bone because someone had added the second book and this series is on my TBR. I’m putting The Retribution of Mara Dyer on hold until I can pick up book #2 and have a little reread. All I can remember is the guy was worthy of a Swoon Worthy Saturday post 😛
Books that I actually read in Feb:
- Summer’s Crossing (Iron Fey, #3.5) by Julie Kagawa
- Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover
- The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa
- Iron’s Prophecy (The Iron Fey, #4.5) by Julie Kagawa (SERIES END)
- Bloodlines (Bloodlines, #1) by Richelle Mead (spin-off from Vampire Academy)
- The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead
- Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss, #3) by Stephanie Perkins (SERIES END)
- Redeemed (House of Night, #12) by P.C. & Kristin Cast
- The Indigo Spell (Bloodlines, #3) by Richelle Mead
Grisha didn’t even make an appearance! I was too into the Bloodline series. I seriously need the next book.
While I was in Taupo, I stopped by their public library. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater on the shelf. Gizzy hasn’t got this yet. So, naturally, I sat down and read the prologue and first 2 chapters. I miss these misfit characters! Can’t wait to get my paws on that book again.
I have a few books out from the library but they were for the Crazy for YA Book Pool and I don’t think they are on my TBR so they are going back unread. I don’t mind that. I am aiming to reduce my TBR Mountain!
- The Fiery Heart (Bloodlines, #4)
- Silver Shadows (Bloodlines, #5)
- The Ruby Circle (Bloodlines, #6)
Each of those are about 400 pages and equate to about half of what I would normally read in a month. With University starting back up this week I have a few readings for assignments but I might be able to swing one or two more books.
What are you reading this month? Would love to hear what you think of any of the books I’ve read or plan to read.
I’ve had a pretty good month. I didn’t have a plan but to stick to my 2015 goal: finish the series I’ve started. I couldn’t help myself though and I did start a couple new series. Here are the books I read in January:
- Turning Amber (Lila #0.7)
- Tormenting Lila (Lila #2.5)
- Beg (Songs of Submission #1)
- Wait for You (Wait For You #1)
- One More Chance (Chance #2)
- Breathe (Sea Breeze #1)
- Because of Low (Sea Breeze #2)
- Rain (Paper Gods #2)
- Winter’s Passage (Iron Fey #1.5)
Currently reading: Summer’s Crossing (Iron Fey #3.5)
I threw caution to the wind and decided to take part in Crazy for Young Adult Books February Book Pool. It gives me some books to read over the next month. I could do with a little focus. Come March I will be reading a little less as I return to study this trimester. Here are some books I’m considering this month:
- The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3)
- Redeemed (House of Night #12)
- Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1)
- Siege and Storm (The Grisha #2)
- Ruin and Rising (The Grisha #3)
- Isla and the Happily Ever After (Anna and the French Kiss #3)
- Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)
I know that starting Grisha isn’t sticking to my goal of finishing series I’ve started, but this has been on me TBR for over 2 years. I also think the series was completed last year so I could knock it off my TBR forever!
So, have you read any of the books in my list? What did you think of them?
And tell me, what are you reading this month?