Hour 24 | We are the Champions!
Can’t believe I made it til the very end. I gave up on reading & just cheered my little heart out. I made it to all the #TeamEmu members. Unfortunately couldn’t leave comments for everyone. Either on Tumblr, Private or non-participating were the main reasons you wouldn’t have heard from me.
END OF EVENT MEME
- Which hour was most daunting for you? It’s always around Hour 4. That’s like 4 am in New Zealand and I can never stay awake.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? Graphic Novels, Short stories & Comic Books. Short or quick reads just to keep you really engaged.
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? Perhaps send a few cheerleaders to try reach those non-Twitter participants. I know there are so very few of us, but it felt we were leaving out so many people. I tried to make it through the list Andi gave a link for, and only made it like 25 people.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? In saying that above, I think the Teams worked well this year. #TeamEmu all the way!
- How many books did you read? I finished a book that I had already started prior, and started 2 books that I will continue to finish this week.
- What were the names of the books you read? Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
- Which book did you enjoy most? I enjoyed listening to Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the car with my husband. It’s the most he’s been involved in my reading. Second most is The Revenants.
- Which did you enjoy least? Order of the Phoenix. I had already read the good parts.
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? I say I should sign up just to be a cheerleader, but I love reading too much. Will see how my assignments are holding up in October before I make my decision 🙂 Thanks everyone!!!
Hour 23 | 2 Hours to go
Today has gone so fast. I wish I had been more prepared but I have been pre-occupied with work, study and family.
I have read another 26 pages of Revenant. It’s taking me forever to get through it. Currently on page 166 of 297. Not gonna finish it tonight. Might just spend the last 2 hours cheering. It seems to be where I have been most productive today.
All the best to everyone on the final legs of the #readathon. #TeamEmu has been AMAZING! Wrap up entry to come.
Hour 21 | The End is Near!
Spent about 10 minutes watching The Life of Pi. I’ve listened to the audiobook but I know the movie is amazing.
Spent 30 minutes cheering for #TeamRogue participants. It looks like a number of them aren’t participating or perhaps gave the wrong link. grrr. time wasters.
The last 15 minutes I’m gonna read!
Hour 20 | 4 Hours to go
Since the halfway mark, I’ve been on the road, late night shopping and getting dinner. On the road I did manage to download Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince.
Reading Progress: We listened to the first 3 chapters, approx. 10% on the book. I really liked the set up to this book. Listening to the prequel conversations with the Muggle Prime Minister and the Minister of Magic. Then the scene with Narcissa, Bellatrix & Severus Snape. Really sets up the scene to how severe the situation has been since the Minister announced the return of Lord Voldemort.
I also read 4 pages of Revenant before I hit the road. It was the saddest 4 pages. Betsy witnesses a suicide of one of the patients.
Gonna do some cheering for the rest of this hour & then get some more reading in. Ciao for now.
Hour 12 | Halfway!
My husband left for church through the last hour. I told him to pray for the #readathon 🙂
1. What are you reading right now? Revenants: The Odyssey Home. There is an excerpt available online here via the author.
2. How many books have you read so far? Cheekily, I finished the last 6% audio of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.
3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon? Revenants. It’s just so mysterious.
4. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those? I tried a pre-readathon this time and woke up just for the start. I felt a little groggy for the first hour and then got into it. I crashed again after 4 hours, but I only slept for 3 hours. That’s been my biggest interruption so far. But in an hour I will be on the road with my hubby. Gonna have to download an audiobook because I don’t wanna waste the few hours we will be travelling.
5. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far? Just the sheer amount of people who are taking part! It’s amazing. Did we hit 2000? I hope so!!!
Hour 11 | #TeamRogue
I dedicated my 11th hour to #TeamRogue. There are like hundreds of readers who don’t have a Twitter account. I managed to hit 20 blogs, grams, tumblrs (wish I had a tumblr, because I couldn’t leave a note!)
Hour 10 | Don’t lose your mind
This hour, I discovered @BookyWookie, a #newbie to Dewey’s and on #TeamEmu. Deb hadn’t started reading because she was still waiting for the Start Time in her hometown. LUCKY! She had been reading anyway, so she will continue Harry Potter now 🙂 Love cheering for new ones. Go visit her.
Currently listening to the end of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I want to finish something soon for a boost and I think Revenants is too long. I might not even finish it for Dewey’s.
Hour 8 | After a nap
I managed to sleep for 3 hours. Woke up right in time for Hour 8 and I have been cheering ever since! #RahRahREADATHON!
Hour 5 | Time to read & do all the things
But not this girl, cause she is going to bed!
Reading Progress: I’m up to page 136. This vet upstairs is being more of a mystery. American who fought with Canada, morsing his story to Bartholomew and Betsy. What does this man have to do with Congressman Hanna? related perhaps? I don’t know! Will pick it up again when I wake.
HOUR 4 | Where are you now?
Another hour gone. It’s 3am and there IS NO COFFEE IN MY HOUSE!!! I’m fading fast and sleep has never looked so sweet.
Reading Progress: I read 12 pages in Hour 3. I made myself a cuppa, had a slice of feijoa cake and sent so many tweets.
I aim to visit everyone listed in #TeamEmu before the end of this Dewey’s. I CAN DO IT!
I submitted my postcard for the Taco Roadtrip Hourly Challenge before I could copy+paste it here. Durrr… sleep deprived an barely keepin my eyes open. One more hour! (and then maybe 4am is a good time for sleep…)
HOUR 3 | We’ve only just begun!
I absolutely LOVE that song!
I’m gonna try get a photo on Instagram before Hour 6 for this hourly mini challenge. Wish me luck. I’ve gotta go find some books.
Reading Progress: In the last hour, I managed to get in 26 pages. Not bad for 30 mins reading time. Currently on page 99 of Revenants: The Odyssey Home.
HOUR 2 | I’ll be out all day
The hourly Mini Challenge is to link 5 books with childhood memories.
This is gonna be a struggle for me as I did not grow up reading a lot of books. The library was my nemesis. I forever lost books and had library fees.
- I do remember The Babysitter’s Club. I think I forced my parents into buying me one of the books.
- Milly Molly Mandy is a book title I can remember from my childhood but I couldn’t tell you when I read it, nor why I have fond memories of the title?
- I don’t know what the titles were, but those short novels that let you pick the direction of the story at the bottom of every page. They were filled with so much action and some pages, the story would abruptly end, so I found myself sneaking back to the previous page and taking the second path.That’s all I can think of. It’s 15 mins in and I need to get in some reading for Hour 2. Will post my progress during the next hour. Happy reading!
HOUR 1 | Doin’ a happy dance!
I missed the starting minute. That is crucial Cheering Time! So I dedicated my first hour to visiting some of #TeamEmu. There are 105 members including myself and I have been gettin’ my tweet on & even threw in a few GIFs, which is so unlike me. But hour 2 is hot on my tail and I wanna get in some reading before I CRASH. It’s so early on in the piece, but it’s now 1am in NZ and after a long day (5am start) I’m feeling sleepy….zzz…
Opening Meme | HOUR 0!
Good Evening. I had a 2 hour sleep which has made me so tired. It is 11:58pm. I’ve got 2 minutes to submit my Pre-Readathon update before we get STARTED.
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? New Zealand
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Revenants: The Odyssey Home
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Feijoa Cake
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I’m so unprepared! This isn’t my first readathon so I don’t know why I didn’t prepare?! This is my seventh Dewey’s. I need more sleep. Dancing may be required to keep me awake.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? More reading! I say that but I already want to go cheer my butt off on Twitter. It’s 12:01am. Let’s get READING!!!